Academy One’s Diet & Nutrition Level 3(NFQ 5) Certificate expands and adds on to the Level 2 Certificate in Diet & Nutrition
course focusing on the quantities and quality of foods ingested. Also interrelationships of the digestive system with the other systems of the body is investigated alongside the effects of foods ingested on the systems of the body is highlighted. Also eating disorders and factors which effect dietary requirements are looked at along with the effects that processing, additives and environmental pollutants has on the food we eat.
Nutrition Level 3 (NFQ 5 ) Certificate
Structure & Function of the Digestive System
Macronutrients and Micronutrients
– Coupled with Recapping of the fundamentals of nutrition looking at macro and micro nutrients, How much of each needs to be ingested? How nutrients are ingested, digested, absorbed and egested.
Interrelationship of the digestive system with other systems of the body
Effect of factors on dietary requirements
Importance of regular meals
Looking how the other physiological systems of the body interact with the digestive system. Also how factors and specific disorders can effect the intake and absorption of nutrients.
Eating disorders & disordered eating
Not to mention the many diseases and disorders that can affect the amount of food individuals ingest, here we look at specific conditions which effect nutrient intake and disturb nutritional balance.
Nutritional value of foods
Quality of protein
Systems of processing foods
Refined & unrefined foods
Methods of cooking foods
Furthermore the food we eat now is very different from the food our ancestors ate. Also in this module we look at how modern processing has lead to changes in the nutritional quality of foods.
Guidelines for eating
Role of probiotics
Effects of additives
Effects of environmental pollutants
Methods of storing foods
Similar to how the foods we eat today are different from the foods our ancestors ate due to modern processing. Additionally many other substances are being added to foods today that weren’t being added many years ago. We will look at what is being added to our foods and how they affect the nutritional value of foods given these points .
As well as this Diet & Nutrition course being ideal for anyone who wishes to advance their knowledge and expertise in this area. It is also for anyone who wishes to progress and excel in the field of Diet & Nutrition
– In order to enroll for the Academy One ITEC Diet & Nutrition Level 3(NFQ 5) Certificate course you must have completed the Academy One Diet & Nutrition Certificate online or
hold a Level 3 ITEC Certificate in Personal Training. Additionally all the content of the Academy One Diet & Nutrition course is designed and delivered to facilitate learners of all abilities.
– Distance eLearning Online
– Start course anytime
– Course materials and lectures via podcast/Videos Online
– Ongoing Support and Assistance online
– Study at your own pace
– Course costs – €399
– Cost excludes ITEC examination fees
– Funding – you may be entitled to funding for any of our courses, so contact The Department of Social Protection or your local Employment Authority office for details. Please contact us for further advise.