The ITEC/VTCT level 5 education and training diploma is for graduates/therapists who would like to take their career into the teaching sector. Students who successfully pass this course will be able to seek employment as a lecturer in colleges providing ITEC/VTCT and Nationally accredited qualifications.
The ITEC/VTCT teaching diploma in education and training Level 5 (NFQ level 7
), consists of 7 modules, additionally within each module there will be a number of assignments and projects to complete. Also assignments and projects for each module will make up your Education and Training portfolio which will be submitted to Academy One.
Course content includes the following:
- → 7 Module Assignments set and marked by ITEC
- → 4 hours of teaching practice observation
- → Continuous Assessment
7 Module Assignments to include the following:
- → Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education & Training – Module 1 Assignments
- → Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training – Module 2 Assignments
- → Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training – Module 3 Assignments
- → Wider Professional Practice in Education and Training – Module 4 Assignments
- → Inclusive Practice –Module 5 Assignments
- → Teaching in a Specialist Area – Module 6 Assignments
- → Developing, Using and Organizing Resources Within a Specialist Area – Module 7 Assignments
Our college is committed to offering the 4 hours of teaching for observation in our college, It is essential for trainee lecturers to observe and follow good practice in the learning environment. Our tutors at Academy One who themselves in like manner have successfully completed and obtained an ITEC/VTCT teaching diploma in education and training will guide and support you throughout the course.
Your ITEC/VTCT qualification which will enable you to teach will be awarded on successful completion of lectures, teaching observation, assignments and assessments, there are no exams in the teaching diploma in education and training course.
Students must hold an ITEC/VTCT qualification or an approved equivalent in the area you wish to teach
– Distance eLearning Online – Max 1 Year Duration
– Start course anytime
– Course materials and lectures via podcast/Videos Online
– Studying in conjunction with Academy One College
– Ongoing Support and Assistance online
– Observation and teaching Evaluation to be assessed by Academy One or a recognised national college
– Course Cost €2500
Cost includes Tutor Registration, Assessment & ITEC/VTCT Certification fees
– Funding – you may be entitled to funding for any of our courses, so contact the department of social protection or your local Employment Authority office for details.
Please contact us for further information