The ITEC teaching diploma in education and training is for graduates/therapists that would like to take their career also into the teaching field. Furthermore individuals who pass this course are entitled to be a lecturer on courses leading to ITEC or National recognised qualifications.
The ITEC teaching diploma in education and training Level 5 (NFQ level 7
). It consists of 7 modules. additionally within each module there will be a number of assignments and projects to complete. Also assignments and projects for each module will make up your Education and Training portfolio which will be submitted to Academy One and ITEC.
Course content includes the following:
- → 7 Module Assignments set and marked by ITEC
- → 20 hours of teaching observations
- → 10 hours of teaching practice
- → Continuous Assessment
7 Module Assignments to include the following:
- → Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education & Training – Module 1 Assignments
- → Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training – Module 2 Assignments
- → Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training – Module 3 Assignments
- → Wider Professional Practice in Education and Training – Module 4 Assignments
- → Inclusive Practice –Module 5 Assignments
- → Teaching in a Specialist Area – Module 6 Assignments
- → Developing, Using and Organizing Resources Within a Specialist Area – Module 7 Assignments
Our college is committed to offering 20 hours observation and 10 hours teaching in our college as It is essential and compulsory for trainee lecturers to observe good practice in the learning environment. Our tutors at Academy One who themselves in like manner have successfully completed and obtained an ITEC teaching diploma in education and training will guide and support you throughout the course.
Awarded on successful completion of lectures, also observation and teaching hours, assignments and assessments, there are no exams is the teaching diploma in education and training from the ITEC.
Pre-requisite: Students must hold an ITEC qualification or approved equivalent and must have 2 years experience in the Area you wish to teach
– Distance eLearning Online – Max 1 Year Duration
– Start course anytime
– Course materials and lectures via podcast/Videos Online
– Studying in conjunction with Academy One College
– Ongoing Support and Assistance online
– Observation and teaching Evaluation to be assessed by Academy One or a recognised national college
– Course Cost €2500 – Cost includes Tutor Registration with college, Assessment & ITEC Certification fees
– Funding – you may be entitled to funding for any of our courses, so contact the department of social protection or your local Employment Authority office for details.
Please contact us for further information